1Day Tour Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park Safari
Depart Nairobi in the morning for Lake Nakuru via Rift Valley arriving Nakuru 10.00hrs proceed to the game drive at the Pink lake referred so for it's thousands of pink flamingos and other bird-life-it's a Bird watchers paradise. It has a
surprisingly number of animals, all the "big five" can be seen here except the elephant, lunch at lion hill lodge,afternoon continue with game drive til 330.00hr when we leave the park for Nairobi.
Lake Nakuru National Park (188 km², 73 mi²), created in 1961 around Lake Nakuru, near Nakuru Town. It is best known for its thousands, sometimes millions of flamingos nesting along the shores. The surface of the shallow lake is often hardly recognizable due to the continually shifting mass of pink. The number of flamingoes on the lake varies with water and food conditions and the best vantage point is from Baboon Cliff. Also of interest is an area of 188 km (116 mi) around the lake fenced off as a sanctuary to protect Rothschild giraffes, black rhinos and white rhinos.
The park now (2009) has more than 25 black rhinoceros, one of the largest concentrations in the country, plus around 70 white rhinos. There are also a number of Rothschild's giraffe, again translocated for safety from western Kenya beginning in 1977. Waterbuck are very common and both the Kenyan species are found here. Among the predators are lion, cheetah and leopard, the latter being seenLake Nakuru much more frequently in recent times. The park also has large sized pythons that inhabit the dense woodlands, and can often be seen crossing the roads or dangling from trees.
As well as flamingos, there are myriad other bird species that inhabit the lake and the area surrounding it, such as African fish eagle, goliath heron, hamerkop, pied kingfisher and verreaux eagle.
Daily departures at 7.00am From Nairobi hotel or Airport drive to Lake Nakuru National Park
Afternoon game drive serching for the wildlife before return to Nairobi in the evening. Return to Nairobi arriving in the evening .Drop off as per our agreement.
On arrival take a game drive inside the park and then proceed for lunch at the one of the lodges
- Lake Nakuru Lodge http://www.lakenakurulodge.com/
- Flamingo Hill Camp http://www.flamingohillcamp.com/
- Nakuru sopa lodge http://www.sopalodges.com/lake-nakuru-sopa-lodge/overview
- Sarova Lion Hill Lodge http://www.sarovahotels.com/lionhill/overview
Note: Our-road safari trip cost/price depends on the following:
- Type of Safari Vehicle to be used.namely
- Safari Minibus (Van)
- 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser (Jeep)
- Number of person sharing the transport
Transport by Safari mini bus
- Price for 1 person = $ 300
- Price for 2 person = $ 400
- Price for 4 person = $ 700
- Price for 6 person = $ 900
- Children Discount: between 3 to 11: 50%
Transport by Safari 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser (Jeep)
- Price for 1 person = $ 400
- Price for 2 person = $ 500
- Price for 4 person = $ 800
- Price for 6 person = $ 990
- Children Discount: between 3 to 11: 50%
Kenyan Citizens Budget Cost per person Sharing
- Resident6pax-ksh. 6,500.per.person.sharing.
Included in the Safari Cost
- Pick up from hotel at beginning of Tour and drop off at the end
- Professional Guide / Driver
- All applicable Game Park Entrance Fees (Government levy)
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- International Airfare
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
Nairobi Excurssions & Day Trips Tours
- Nairobi to Nairobi National Park Daily Departure
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Amboseli National park & Kilimanjaro
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Masinga Dam
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Elementaita Nature Walk Adventure
- 1Day Trip tour Nairobi to Menengai crater
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt.Longonot hiking & Lake Naivasha Boat tour
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt. Kenya Trekking Safari
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Oldonyo Sabuk National Park
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mount Suswa Hikking
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Naivasha/Boat Tour & Hells Gate Cycling Adventure.
- Nairobi City Tour to giraffe centre/david shedrick & karen brixen
- Nairobi City Tour to Kenya National Museum