1Day trip to Mt.Longonot Hiking & Lake Naivasha Boat tour;
We leave nairobi after breakfast we drive down the great rift valley to Mt. longonot, where we start our hikking to the top,Afternoon we transfer to lake Naivasha for lunch,later we take for an hour boat ride to see hippos and birds, Before we start our safari back to Nairobi.
Lake Naivasha has a big population of hippos along the shore of Lake but no crocodiles as the altitude (1900m above sea level) makes the water too cold for their liking. Lake Naivasha lies at the foot of Mount Longonot – a perfectly shaped Volcano and the lake was once flourishing with waterlillies and along its shores there were great papyrus swamps.
Mount Longonot National Park is one of the many fascinating, yet least visited, attractions of Kenya. Located in the Lake Navaisha region it is dominated by Mount Longonot itself. This stratovolcano, last thought to have erupted in the 1860's, is 2776 m above sea level.
Mount Longonot gets its name from its physical features - the Maasai word oloonong'ot, meaning "mountains of many spurs" or "steep ridges".The main attractions of the park include the extinct volcano and crater forest and the views of Lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley. It is also a great destination for birding - and in particular birds of prey.Mount Longonot National Park has some animals but it is more about the fascinating scenery and the hiking that the park is known for. Animals found in the park include Zebra, Giraffe and Buffalo with Leopards known only from their tracks, But the main activities in Mount Longonot include Hiking, Rock Climbing, Biking, Walking, Birding and viewing of Lake Naivasha.
Transfer by Safari mini bus/Car-;
None Resident Budget Cost per person Sharing
Price for 1 person @ $ 210-
Price for 2 person @ $130 per person sharing
Price for 4 person @ $120 per person sharing
Price for 6 person @ $110 per person sharing
Kenyan Citizens Budget Cost per person Sharing
- Resident2pax--KSH.6,500 per.person.Sharing.
- Resident6pax-ksh. 4,500.per.person.sharing.
Included in the Budget Safari Cost
• Transfer to and from Nairobi,
Lunch at lake Naivasha,
All park entrance fees to include government taxes,
• 1lrt drinking water per day,
Excluded in the Budget cost:
• personal trekking gears,
• International flights,
• Visas to Kenya,
• Items of personal nature,
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary,
Private group/Family group & Private Safari-Please enquire
Please Call to Book;
More...Nairobi Excurssions & Day Trips Tours
- Nairobi to Nairobi National Park Daily Departure
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Amboseli National park & Kilimanjaro
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Masinga Dam
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Elementaita Nature Walk Adventure
- 1Day Trip tour Nairobi to Menengai crater
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt.Longonot hiking & Lake Naivasha Boat tour
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt. Kenya Trekking Safari
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Oldonyo Sabuk National Park
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mount Suswa Hikking
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Naivasha/Boat Tour & Hells Gate Cycling Adventure.
- Nairobi City Tour to giraffe centre/david shedrick & karen brixen
- Nairobi City Tour to Kenya National Museum