2Days 1Night Nairobi Safari to Lake Nakuru National Park
Overview of Lake Nakuru National park
Lake Nakuru National Park was established in 1961. It now covers an area of 180km² (69.5 square miles) and is situated in the Great Rift Valley - 156km northwest of Nairobi in the Nakuru district of the Rift Valley Province. The park is managed by the Kenya Wildlife Service.
Lake Nakuru is a large, shallow lake surrounded by marshes, woodland and grassland. There are some rocky outcrops and the largest euphorbia forest in Africa on the eastern side. The lake is fed by three main rivers; the Njoro, the Makalia and the Enderit rivers, as well as several springs. The park has very good roads and some excellent viewpoints overlooking the lake from Baboon Cliff and Lion Hill.
The lake supports the blue-green Cyanophyte Spirulina Platensis, which is the main food source for the brilliant pink flamingoes that can be found wading on the lake's edge. At times, there can be up to two million greater and lesser flamingoes and tens of thousands of other birds. Food conditions change periodically, and the number of birds fluctuates at times so, if possible, you should check with the national park before making a long journey to view the birds. It is also a good idea to carry a spotter's guide to identify the many animals and Kenya birds you will see here.
Lake Nakuru National Park also offers sanctuary to huge numbers of native African animals including waterbucks, warthogs, impalas, buffalo, Rothschild giraffes, elands, endangered black rhinos, white rhinos and, occasionally, leopards. A large herd of hippos have a territory in the northern part of the lake, making for interesting game viewing.
Day 1 : Nairobi to Lake Nakuru-Pick up from a hotel or Airport drve to Lake Nakuru National Park to reach in time for lunch, you will experience a stunning game drive en route. After lunch at your safari lodge we will proceed for an afternoon game drive to see one of the largest ornithological spots, Flamingo, and a variety of wildlife not forgetting the famous Rhino Sanctuary found in this park. Dinner and overnight at the Campsite/lodge.
Day 2 : Lake Nakuru to Nairobi-You will wake up to an early morning game drive after which you will have you breakfast. You will leave Lake Nakuru for Nairobi after breakfast. Nairobi arriving in evening, afterwards drop off at your respective Nairobi hotel/Airport.
Note; this itinerary can operate as both, luxury lodge safari or budget camping safari;Please contact us;
Transport by Safari mini bus (Tour Van)
Budget Camping cost Per person sharing
Price for 1 person = $390
Price for 2 person = $290 per person sharing
Price for 4 person = $250 per person sharing
Price for 6 person = $240 per person sharing
Transport by Safari 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser (Jeep)
Price for 1single person = $590
Price for 2 person = $360 per person sharing
Price for 4 person = $300 per person sharing
Price for 6 person = $280 per person sharing
Please For-;Luxury Safari Cost Per person sharing-;Please enquire for pricing.
Overnight at one of the following accommodations (Luxury camps and lodges) in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Lake Nakuru Lodge http://www.lakenakurulodge.com/
- Flamingo Hill Camp http://www.flamingohillcamp.com/
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge http://www.sopalodges.com/lake-nakuru-sopa-lodge/overview
Included in the Budget camping Safari Cost;
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch,
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- 1liter Bottled mineral water per person per day during safari.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees.
Excluded in the Budget camping cost:
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Balloon safari in Maasai Mara (USD$475)per ride
- Personal needs
- Maasai village visit.
- Night game drive