1Day Trip tour Nairobi to Menengai Crater Adventure
This extinct volcano on the northern side of Nakuru is 2490 m high and is the second largest surviving volcanic crater in the world, with a surface area of 90 sq km. However, A sign erected at the highest point by the Rotary Club shows the distances and general directions of several places worldwide. The crater is 8 km from the main road. As you ascend, the views over Lake Nakuru are excellent, although it is not visible from the top.In the 19th century the Menengai Crater was the site of a bloody battle between different Masai clans, vying for the pastures of the Rift Valley slopes and Naivasha. The laikipia Moran (worriers) were defeated by their southern neighbours the Ilpurko Masai, who reputedly threw the former over the crater edge. According to legend the fumaroles rising from the crater bed are the souls of the vanquished seeking to find the way to heaven. The Maa word Menengai means 'the dead'.The views over Lake Nakuru are excellent as are the views towards Lake Bogoria over the other side. The crater itself is enormous, about 12 km across and 500 m deep. The mountain is surrounded by a nature reserve.
Transport by Safari mini bus-;
Price for 1 person = $ 210-inclusive
Price for 2 person = $130 per person-inclusive
Price for 4 person = $120 per person-inclusive
Price for 6 person = $100 per person-inclusive
The Packages Includes
- Transport to & from,
- Park Entry fees,
- Lunch at the lodge,
- Services of a professional tour guide/Driver.
- Drinking 1ltr.p.person per day.
The Packages excludes
- Drinks •
- Any other extras not mentioned
Private group/Family group & Private Safari-Please enquire
- Please Call to Book;
Nairobi Excurssions & Day Trips Tours
- Nairobi to Nairobi National Park Daily Departure
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Amboseli National park & Kilimanjaro
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Masinga Dam
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Elementaita Nature Walk Adventure
- 1Day Trip tour Nairobi to Menengai crater
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt.Longonot hiking & Lake Naivasha Boat tour
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mt. Kenya Trekking Safari
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
- 1Day Tour Nairobi to Oldonyo Sabuk National Park
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Mount Suswa Hikking
- 1Day Trip Nairobi to Lake Naivasha/Boat Tour & Hells Gate Cycling Adventure.
- Nairobi City Tour to giraffe centre/david shedrick & karen brixen
- Nairobi City Tour to Kenya National Museum