4Days Amboseli & Kilimanjaro Maasai Treks Adventure Safari
Amboseli is one of the smaller game parks of Kenya, but a popular destination on a Kenyan Safari. Amboseli is renowned for one of the classic scenes of East Africa - elephants crossing the plains in front of the snow-capped Kilimanjaro. While Mount Kilimanjaro is in Tanzania, Amboseli has a perfect view of this mountain.For all its wildlife, Amboseli is more a place of people. Hunter-gatherers and pastoralists have shaped the savannas over thousands of years. For the Maasai who settled the East African plains several hundred years ago, Amboseli is pasture for their cattle, sheep, goats and donkeys. The Maasai depend on livestock for milk and meat and their lives and cultures revolve around their herds and the land. The seasonal migrations of the Maasai and a profound knowledge of the savannas and wildlife are key to their survival in Amboseli’s harsh landscape. Herders move to the greenest pastures when the rains fall, carrying their bare household necessities by donkey. Each dry season they fall back to drought refuges in the swamps and woodlands. An austere lifestyle, hardy breeds of livestock and refined husbandry skills make the Maasai among the most productive herders in Africa. Their migratory life style and avoidance of hunting except in droughts has allowed the Maasai to coexisted with wildlife for centuries and support the richest herds on earth. The savannas are largely shaped by the Maasai and their livestock. The brush and grass cut and trampled around cattle camps soon recovers and flourishes on the fertile dung deposits once abandoned.
Day-1 Nairobi to kimana camp,afternoon walk guide by maasai,diner and overnight at the kimana camp.
Day-2 Full day maasai trekking with an open view of Mt.Kilimanjaro,dinner and overnight at the camp
Day-3 Full day game drive in Amboseli National park,dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day-4 Early game drive followed by full breakfast,after we leave for Nairobi.
Transport by Safari mini bus
None Resident Budget camping cost per person
Price for 1 single person = $850
Price for 2 person = $680 per person
Price for 4 person = $650 per person
Price for 6 person = $640 per person
For-; Luxury Lodge accomodation-;please Contact us for pricing;
Included in the Budget camping Safari Cost
- Transfer to and from Nairobi
- Full board Budget/camping accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as detailed: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner,
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Accommodations in Budget/campsite as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking Maasai guide and a skilled cook while camping,
- 1lrt drinking water per day
Excluded in the Budget camping cost:
• tips, sleeping bags, soft or alcol drinks, personal trekking gears,
• International flights,
• Visas to Kenya,
• Items of personal nature,
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary,
Kenya Walking & Camel Treks Safaris
- 3days 2Nights Nairobi to Mount Suswa Maasai Treks Safari
- 4days 3Nights Nairobi to Lake Bogoria Walking & Lake Baringo Boat Safari
- 4Days Amboseli & Kilimanjaro Maasai Treks Safari
- 6Days Walking Wamba Hills/Samburu Game Reserve & Mt. Kenya Safari
- 6Days Loita Hills Walking & Masai Mara Game Reserve safari
- 6Days Maralal Samburu camel walk safari
- 6days Rendile camel walk / samburu game reserve safari
- 5days Aberdare Village House/Wamba Hills Camel Treks & Meru Game Safari