4days-3Nights Lake Nakuru & Menengai Caldera Trekking Adventure
The park now (2009) has more than 25 black rhinoceros, one of the largest concentrations in the country, plus around 70 white rhinos. There are also a number of Rothschild's giraffe, again translocated for safety from western Kenya beginning in 1977. Waterbuck are very common and both the Kenyan species are found here. Among the predators are lion, cheetah and leopard, the latter being seenLake Nakuru much more frequently in recent times. The park also has large sized pythons that inhabit the dense woodlands, and can often be seen crossing the roads or dangling from trees.
As well as flamingos, there are myriad other bird species that inhabit the lake and the area surrounding it, such as African fish eagle, goliath heron, hamerkop, pied kingfisher and verreaux eagle.
DAY-1- We leave Nairobi driving through rich Kikuyu farmland to the edge of the Great Rift Valley,descend down into the valley ,drive on the floor past Naivasha to arrive lake Nakuru national park in time for lunch followed by afternoon game drive,Meals dinnerand overnight stay at the camp/lodge.
Day 2-After breakfast we transfer to Menengai crator rim camping site,for lunch,followed by the afternoon walk to the crator view piont,dinner and overnight at the rim camping site.
Day 3-days spent trekking on the crator floor,with our camping gears,meals and overnights at the bush campingsite.
Day 4-After breakfast we start our hike back to the rim campsite for lunch,followed by transfer back to Nairobi
Transport by Safari mini bus-;
Budget/camping cost for;
2-pax ($ per person)
transport & park fees.camping fee,/Budget accomodation,3meals a day while on safari.
4-pax ($ per person)
transport & park fees.
camping fee/Budget accomodation,3meals a day while on safari.
6-pax ($ per person)
transport & park fees.
camping fee,/Budget accomodation,3meals a day while on safari.
Included in the Safari Cost
• Transfer to and from Nairobi
• Full board camping/lodge accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Accommodations in campsite/lodges as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
• 1lrt drinking water per day
• tips, sleeping bags, soft or alcol drinks, personal trekking gears,
• International flights,
• Visas to Kenya,
• Items of personal nature,
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary,
For Luxury Lodge Accomodation; Please enquire-;
Kenya Walking & Camel Treks Safaris
- 2days 1Night Nairobi to Menengai Crater walking Safari
- 3days 2Nights Nairobi to Mount Suswa Maasai Treks Safari
- 4days-3Nights Menengai Caldera Trekking Adventure
- 4days 3Nights Nairobi to Lake Bogoria Walking & Lake Baringo Boat Safari
- 4Days Amboseli & Kilimanjaro Maasai Treks Safari
- 6Days Walking Wamba Hills/Samburu Game Reserve & Mt. Kenya Safari
- 6Days Loita Hills Walking & Masai Mara Game Reserve safari
- 6Days Maralal Samburu camel walk safari
- 6days Rendile camel walk / samburu game reserve safari
- 5days Aberdare Village House/Wamba Hills Camel Treks & Meru Game Safari