2Days 1Night Nairobi to Amboseli National Park & Kilimanjaro Budget/Luxury Safari
Amboseli National Park lies between longitude 37°E and 37° 30' E and Latitude 2° 30' and 2° 45' S in southern Kenya, 240 km southeast of Nairobi. The southern boundary of the park lies less than 5 km from the Tanzanian border at the base of Africa's highest mountain, snow-capped Kilimanjaro. Amboseli is a small National Park, measuring only 392 km2. The park is managed by Kenya Wildlife Service - you can find their presentation about Amboseli here.
The name Amboseli comes from the Maasai place name, Empusel, meaning open plain. The Park itself is encompassed within a Pleistocene lake basin, formed when lava flows from an erupting Kilimanjaro blocked off the course of the Pangani River, creating a lake, which is now the Amboseli basin. Over the course of time the lake dried up although the basin is still prone to seasonal flooding. The flat topography of the basin is broken in only a few places by a number of small extinct volcanic vents known as Lemomo, Ositeti, Kitirua, Ilmberishari and Nomatior. To the south the land rises steadily toward Kilimanjaro, while to the North the park is clearly bounded by the shores of the Pleistocene lake.
Day 1; Nairobi - Amboseli-Pick up from your Nairobi hotel/Airport or Residence in the morning Depart Nairobi for Amboseli National Park which lies at the floors of Mount Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro offers scenic backgrounds for photography. Elephants, Lions, Cheetah, Buffalo etc. can be seen at the swamp area. arriving with a game drive at lodge/camp for lunch. Check in at Camp/Lodge . Later Afternoon game drive at the park, Dinner and overnight at your Budget camping/Luxury camp or lodge.
Day 2: Amboseli to Nairobi -You will wake up for an early morning game drive after which you will have your breakfast. Drive to Nairobi arriving in Nairobi late in the evening afterwards drop off at your respective Nairobi hotel or Airport/Residence
Transport by Safari mini bus (Tour Van)
Budget Camping cost Per person sharing
Price for 1 person = $390
Price for 2 person = $260 per person sharing
Price for 4 person = $240 per person sharing
Price for 6 person = $190 per person sharing
Transport by Safari 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser (Jeep)
Price for 1single person = $590
Price for 2 person = $360 per person sharing
Price for 4 person = $290 per person sharing
Price for 6 person = $220 per person sharing
For-; Luxury Lodge accomodation-;please Contact us for pricing;
Overnight at one of the following Accommodations (camps and Lodges in Amboseli)
- Sentrim Camp http://www.sentrim-hotels.com/sentrim_amboseli.html
- AA Lodge http://worldbizes.wix.com/aalodgeamboseli
- Kibo Safari Camp, http://www.kibosafaricamp.com/
Included in the Budget camping Safari Cost;
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch,
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- 1liter Bottled mineral water per person per day during safari.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees.
Excluded in the Budget camping cost:
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Balloon safari in Maasai Mara (USD$475)per ride
- Personal needs
- Maasai village visit.
- Night game drive